Thanks to Rachel for nominating me for a Liebster Award. I’ve been struggling to get back into blogging and the encouragement is much appreciated.
Let me start by answering Rachel’s questions:
Who or what motivates you?
Travelling and donuts.
If you weren’t doing what you do, what would you do?
I’m thinking about crocheting things to sell? Maybe baby bootees because they’re fun to make and ridiculously cute. I’m also interested in taking a photography course.
You’re on a desert island, what have you taken with you?
A notebook, a pen and a knife. I’m assuming that I can find drinking water, food and shelter on the island, and that with enough time I will figure out how to use the knife to whittle a canoe out of a tree. Then I can paddle back to society with my soon-to-be bestselling book about my experience. Or am I there for a holiday? In which case, sunscreen and swimming togs. And the notebook and pen, of course.
Describe in one sentence your work area.
A library desk with my laptop, notebook, pen and water bottle on it.
What are the barriers to your creativity?
An inability to say in words what I see in my head and fear that what I write will sound stupid to someone else.
What’s your definition of success?
Feeling happy with what you’ve achieved.
Now, as per the award rules, I present you with:
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I recently set myself an “always accept free fruit” rule. I always take cake and biscuits when they’re on offer so this should make my diet more balanced.
- I don’t put sugar in my tea or coffee because I eat so much chocolate that any extra sugar might kill me.
- I find big books off putting. How are you supposed to even lift them when you’re lying in bed reading?
- I like tattoos on other people but not on me.
- I will probably never do a bungee jump.
- I don’t like saying that I will definitely never do something.
- There are many things I think I could learn how to do but singing is not one of them.
- I like maps.
- I love libraries.
- I recently figured out how to open a beer bottle with a key, which I think may be one of my most useful achievements.
- I used to be too lazy to send postcards but now I quite like doing it.
The people I would like to nominate for Liebster Award are:
Nominees, should you choose to accept the award, the rules are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Finally, the new questions:
- What is your favourite piece of random knowledge gleaned from Wikipedia?
- What unusual combination of foods/flavours do you swear by?
- If you were allowed to go on holiday as many times as you liked for the rest of your life, but to only one place, where would it be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s the worst date you’ve been on?
- What’s the most amazing coincidence you’ve experienced?
- Do you think you are lucky or unlucky?
- Do you have an unlikely sounding book recommendation?
- Where can I find the tastiest donuts?
- How much would you be prepared to pay in New Zealand dollars for a pair of hand crotched baby bootees?
- How many pairs would you like to order?